Friday, June 18, 2010

Lover

So Father's day is coming up and we're still on our dumb budget.I know, I say that like it's a diet and maybe we've given up.
Maybe I'm secretly hoping that someday (soon) we will give up, but I highly doubt it.
Both Kenny and I are pretty set on this stupid budget and the freedom we hope to provide for ourselves in the future by cutting back right now.

But anyway, Father's Day. It's coming.
And I have no money to spend on dearest besides a gift card for Macy's
that I've been saving for just such an occasion.
So besides the couple shirts and shorts I got him with my gift card,
I decided to dedicate a blog post to him. Cheezy?
Nah...I would be more apt to use the word "momentous."
I don't blog often enough for it to be just whatever and with three little ones who conspire to never nap at the same time EVER, blogging shows a huge amount of effort on my part too. And our kids are too young still to write poems and cute little love notes,
so it only makes sense that I do.
Here it goes- this one's for you Lover! ;)
(He's funny too)

How did we meet? And when did I know I wanted to marry him?Well, I can definitely say I did NOT love him at first sight.
I thought he was grumpy and negative and in bad need of the power of prayer. No really. I had just gotten a job in hopes of using it as a stepping stone to another job,
of which he would be my boss.
So naturally I was trying to put my best most responsible foot forward
and I was shocked at how rude and grumpy he was!
I went home one night from work and talked to my mom on the phone and told her all about Kenny and I told her that I was going to start praying for him because if anyone needed help from the almighty, it was him. ;)(Yes, I did bring someone along to photograph me praying for my
then-future hubby, inspiring, isn't it?)

So that's how we met. One thing led to another and after a few casual and a couple not so casual dates, we were attached at the hip. Of course, by then I had gotten the job I wanted and he was my boss. So we were secretly attached at the hip. And at work, I still hated him. :) But I knew I wanted to marry him pretty early on in spite of all the prayers and hating. I knew when he bought me black socks. Hold on hold on...there's a story to it!
Black socks were part of my uniform at work and I only had one pair. So rather than just go buy a pack of black socks, I borrowed a pair from my roommate and tried to do the laundry every day. Nevertheless, I still got caught wearing white socks a couple times. One night when Kenny came to pick me up to go out together, he had a HUGE bag of black socks from Costco. Yes, my prince charming braved Costco in Temecula to buy me a ridiculously large bag of black socks. He had overheard my manager lecturing me about the silly socks and decided to solve the problem. Doesn't get much sweeter than black socks. ;)


Except for when we got pregnant with Kaelyn. We weren't married and I had been told I could not have children. Needless to say I wasn't ready to have any kids and felt incredibly dumb taking a pregnancy test since it was impossible anyway. When those pink lines came up I completely panicked and was a hysterical mess. We were supposed to be on our way out the door for dinner with our friends and I had asked everyone to wait a quick second to use the restroom.WHAT WAS I THINKING?? A quick second turned into quite a few minutes of hysterical tears in the bedroom and who was the calm one? Kenny. The uptight, overworked, wound up bundle of anxiety was cool as a cucumber as he tried to reassure me that everything would be okay. Wow. Love.

He didn't raise an eyebrow when I insisted on ordering a bottle of wine on my 21st birthday even though I was pregnant. The bottle was for the table, I just took a sip. I really just wanted to order something on my birthday. And Kaelyn is fine. Well, sort of.

He not only told me but truly thought I was beautiful in my $50 ebay wedding dress using my oversized bouquet to hide my bulging belly at our wedding. In Vegas. And he didn't hesitate for a second about getting me that oversized bouquet even though it was somewhere around $250 extra that we charged for our wedding. We were so broke and it took everything we had to have our wedding with all six guests. ;)
He loves our dogs now that I have given up on them. My dog used to be my baby and then I had real babies and the dogs are just too much for me. So he makes sure that they don't feel abandoned and loves the heck out of them. It makes me super mad sometimes and no, I don't know why. But secretly I'm thankful that he loves them. Otherwise I'd just feel bad about my neglect. :/

Oh and he loves our kids too! Lol...that should have come first. He can't say no to them when they eyeball Starburst at the store or when Brandt grabs on to a little truck at the checkout or Kaelyn tells him how she just LOVES snow white dolls. He falls for it every time. He always lets them get out of bed when he gets home and tells me how hungry they are. He LOVES to make them cinnamon toast when I'm ready to just throw cereal on the table. And he doesn't have an issue blowing bubbles for the kids even though I've been telling them that Jesus said no more bubbles (I really don't like bubbles). How can I not love that?


When we first got married and I shrunk one of his shirts, I just put it back in his closet hoping he wouldn't notice. He didn't wear it very often, so I thought it wouldn't matter. Well one day when he went to wear it, he asked me if I had shrunk it and get this: He totally went along with my story about how I had absolutely NOT shrunk it, he must have gained weight, even though we both knew that we both knew that I was to blame. Yeah...it got donated to Salvation Army. And he didn't argue at all about the weight.(No, this is not my husband...I didn't actually think to capture that moment on camera, but apparently someone in webworld did!)


He puts up my Christmas tree in October every year and only makes one little comment about it. And he only complains about throwing our Christmas party a little at the beginning and as soon as I say that we don't have to do it (with my sad face in full force, of course) he flips his switch and gets all merry on me!(Yes, of course that's our tree!! Why would I put up a picture of one of the gorgeous white house trees???)


I could go on and on for days, but these are just a couple reasons why I really scored with my Lover.

Don't expect the mushy stuff often, this is just because of our dumb budget. ;)






4 comments:

  1. awww..i love this! so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so beautiful!! Nothing is better than a good old fashioned love letter. :) P.S. I love the blog makeover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cute! I love your blog makeover, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute!! I love the dog part :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!