Monday, October 25, 2010

Privacy

I'm a semi-private person. I wear my heart on my sleeve but do like to keep some things hushed. Not a lot of things though. Usually just things I am still trying to figure out in my own head and haven't gotten the nerve to talk about. My blog has helped me with that a few times. It has been a gateway to new friendships and strengthening old. It is a journal that I share with everyone, no one and anyone who will read it. I put it out there to brag about my ridiculously good looking family, share thought that need a soapbox and hopefully inspire and encourage someone. And it serves those purposes well. But I'm getting nervous. I'm nervous about the risks. I try to be cautious but I am no computer genius and don't know how I can keep my blog open and public and insure my family's security at the same time. I'd like to live in a world of bliss and believe that no one could really care enough about me or that my blog isn't grabbing anyone's attention enough to catch any peeping eyes, but I just don't know. I mean, I think we're pretty awesome, so I'm sure there could be someone else out there who agrees...I just hope and pray that everyone that reads my blog, whether it's just one time or regularly has the best of intentions. So while I'm still thinking about going private or not, I'm going to take a cue from another blogger friend and ask that you just leave me a comment if I may not know you, and if you just come by every now and then but aren't a follower, click the follow button just so I can see who's reading. It might help quiet my inner nervous person. And I'd like to take the chance to thank those of you who do come by and read and I hope that I have in fact entertained, inspired, encouraged, and of course made you all green with envy when you see my ridiculously good-looking family. ;)

7 comments:

  1. yes, you do have a ridiculously good-looking family! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the above! Just wanted to leave a note letting you know that I'm an occasional reader. "I" as in Kari, from the days of VRMS, doobie the ooga bug, and an epic-for-8th-grade Netherlands trip. I'm currently living in Berlin, Germany with my husband and our baby son; the unknown visitor from Brandenburg is moi :) I really enjoy hearing what you and your family are up to! Much love. Karis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debran!
    I love occasionally reading your 'Mindless Musings'! And of course you have a beautiful family!

    Crystal Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, DeBran,

    It's Kim I stop by every now and then when I have a few seconds. I already follow your blog. Just wanted to pop in and say Hey. Hope all is well. Not sure if you go by my blog or not I don't think I have any followers. I know you did leave a comment once. If you would do the same for me becasue I too have been thinking about the privacy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the 2 previous posters and yes, you do have a ridiculous good looking family. My name is Allyson and I was connected to you via Jessica and Melissa's blogs. I asked for your over the top cinnamon coffee cake. (that I am terrified to make for fear of eating the whole thing.) I have stayed to read about your thoughts about mom-hood and how to take who you are as a person and gel that with motherhood, Christianity, marriage, because I am going through the same thing. I live in So Cal, Huntington Beach specifically, so sometimes I think you know the pressures of living her in Perfectland. I don't comment all the time, but I really love your stories. That necklace one just broke my heart, but your attitude toward the whole thing was amazing. I understand your need for privacy. Protecting yourself and your family comes first. Whatever you decide, you have my full support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments, love and support!
    Allyson, you definitely should make the coffee cake but I suggest the recipe to my FAVORITE cinnamon rolls even more! It's a tradition in my home to make them for holiday mornings, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. You'll be so glad you did! Nothing a little jog around the block can't fix. ;-) Thank you for reading, I'm so glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree and understand! I just found your blog via Sugar Pie Farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!