Thursday, February 4, 2010

Announcing Wayde Tanner

Hello all...so it's been a while since my last post, and time is even shorter now than before! Why? Well because I am now a proud mommy of three instead of two! Yup...we welcomed Wayde Tanner into our family on January 27. My birthday was the 26th, so it was a fabulous birthday gift. Besides being in early labor my whole birthday. ;o) He was 9lbs 4oz and 20 inches. Nice and plump! Thank heavens he graced us a little bit early! He has a full head of dark hair with coppery bits here and there and he's just as sweet as can be. He eats non-stop, around the clock, every hour. In fact, he only dropped 2 ounces when we went in for his first check up! I was quite surprised because the nurses and doctor said that a baby that size can lose up to a pound the first week and it's nothing to worry about. Well not Wayde, he hung on to that weight! haha!Kaelyn and Brandt love him! Absolutely adore him! I thought Brandt was having some adjustment issues when I brought him home, but within a couple days I realized he was coming down with a doozy of a cold and that was affecting his mood. Now Brandt is feeling a little better and he seems to be doing pretty well with Wayde.Labor of course was long and miserable, but well worth it. In fact it actually feels wrong to describe it as miserable; the process by which this new little human comes into our lives should really be described differently, but what other words do you use to describe hours of thinking, almost wishing you would die? ;o) How about painfully miraculous? I think that fits. Labor was painfully miraculous and seeing my little boy for the first time was beyond any words. It's incredible how much love can fill your heart, so much that it feels that your chest is bursting. It's marvelous how this little person comes into our lives, completely helpless, needing everything and depending on you for everything, not yet able to feel love or gratitude, just simply trying to survive. And we love them so very much! I have showered Wayde's plump little cheeks with thousands upon thousands of kisses already, caressed his tiny ears, counted and recounted his perfect little toes and fingers, admiring his nail beds, the little creases and wrinkles, everything. I breath in deeply when I hold him, desperately trying to capture that sweet smell of my baby, to keep with me forever. I cannot gaze long enough into his dark eyes or feel more joyful and filled with peace than when I watch his little pink lips curl into a smile as he sleeps. He is our perfect little son, and Kaelyn and Brandt's lovely little brother. It seems that we all waited forever for him to come!So things are crazy right now, we're trying to get in a routine and figure out our system, but going well! The kids truly are so happy to have their brother home with us!And thank you sooo much to Jessica and Janelle for taking pics for me! Our camera was completely useless! Great timing, huh? ;o)








6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! You are a wonderful Mom! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so sweet and perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! CONGRATS!!

    He's so precious! Great job on delivering such a plump boy!! I thought I was gonna die with an 8lb. 12oz-er!

    You look absolutely wonderful! Enjoy your precious new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is sooo cute!!! i cant wait to snap some pics of him ! what a big boy for a tiny little mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me get my new baby fix! He is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so happy he is here! and so excited for you guys and your new addition! he is just perfect! i can't wait til his friend is here! ;) congratulations!! xoxo (and you're welcome for the pics ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!