And I apologize for not arranging the pictures, but we decided to keep the party very simple and low stress, so I figured I'd continue with that vibe in this post. ;)
We went with a trucks theme because Brandt just adores trucks and I decided to try to make use of things that I already had, so I just chose to work with all colors as long as they were bright! The party ended up being so fun and low key, I loved doing it the way we did.
We chose Italian food for the menu because that's one of Brandt's faves. We had homemade lasagna, grilled zucchini and asparagus and homemade bread and then salad and fruit, cheese and crackers and green beans.
I didn't really decorate too much, just put a million balloons everywhere and I made one felt Happy Birthday banner. For activities I just put out every truck I could find and even borrowed some from friends and just let the kids have at it in the backyard. I also set out some cones and crawl through tunnels I borrowed to give the kids some more fun stuff to do! I did have a pinata and one game, but for the most part it was just playing with trucks and sand toys!
Lining up for pin the license plate on the truck game. A friends' husband was kind enough to lend his artistic talent and draw this neat truck on a poster board for our game. I made license plates with the kids' names and ages on the computer and colored them so they looked more real.

Pinata!!

Some of the spread :P
Here's what the license plates looked like. All the kids had a small one for the game and a bigger one to take home and put in their room.

The silverware set out in a wooden truck

The cold food table...I made the banner with felt and ribbon. It's hard to see but it says Happy Birthday. I used the pinata to help decorate until it was time to use it and I put Brandt's car rug on the table to add a little umph. ;)


More of the cold table

For dessert, we decided to forget cake and ice cream and go for Brandt's absolute favorite treat (and one of my own as well): donut holes from a donut shop down the street. MMMMM! I loaded them up in dump trucks to look like rocks and then we had homemade chocolate sauce and vanilla bean whipped cream to dip them in. And I just love having a special little individual dessert for the birthday boy or girl, so this time I got a little dump truck and put three holes and a number 2 candle in it for Brandt to make his wish after we sang. The donuts were the best idea...super easy, super delicious and completely gone!


For dessert, we decided to forget cake and ice cream and go for Brandt's absolute favorite treat (and one of my own as well): donut holes from a donut shop down the street. MMMMM! I loaded them up in dump trucks to look like rocks and then we had homemade chocolate sauce and vanilla bean whipped cream to dip them in. And I just love having a special little individual dessert for the birthday boy or girl, so this time I got a little dump truck and put three holes and a number 2 candle in it for Brandt to make his wish after we sang. The donuts were the best idea...super easy, super delicious and completely gone!





It was a great party and he had so much fun! Thanks to all of our family and friends who came and made this day so special for us!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome!