I always see those great posts where someone runs through their daily schedule or routine. I love reading them for some reason or another: to get ideas on scheduling, to feel a fellow mother's routine, to love to hate a perfect person's orderly day...you get the idea. Anyway, I thought, "Well, geez, someone has GOT to be able to learn something from my day to day do-si-do." So here was how my day went today.
7:00 Woke up and realized I had slept with my little tiny almost ONE year old the majority of the night. Eh, sleep-training is for the birds.
8:00 Burnt first round of breakfast as I cleaned up diarrhea from Wayde. Smoking waffles anyone?
8:45 Rushed the kids into the car promising candy and cookies to whoever buckled up the quickest.
8:52 Did not follow through on my promises. BTW, trust is an extremely powerful concept and it is incredibly important that your child knows they can trust you in order to prevent those pricey family counseling sessions later in life.
9:00 Dropped Kaelyn off at school
9:45 Avoided doing errands or housework so that I could romp around on the floor with Brandt. After all, I really have all day to get chores done
10:45 Rush Brandt to the car promising a "fun day" after we pick up Kaelyn from school.
10:52 Watch in the rear view mirror as the chunks of waffle and flow of orange juice spew out of Brandt's mouth.
10:54 Tell myself that it is just because we played crazy.
11:00 Pick up Kaelyn and change Brandt's vomit covered outfit.
11:10 Pull into grocery store parking lot to begin those errands I procrastinated.
11:12 Watch as more chunks and juice spew forth.
11:13 Pull out of parking lot because I have no more clothing and have no idea when the next geyser spewing is scheduled.
11:20 Change Brandt
11:25 Put Wayde in bath after diarrhea number two
11:26 Put Brandt in bath after next spewing
11:45 Redress both boys, send Kaelyn with Grandma-mother and make lunch, still telling myself no one is ill
12:00 Put Wayde down for a nap
12:10 Clean kitchen and floor and put lunch away
12:15 Get out carpet cleaner and towels to clean up spew
12:30 Running out of clothing for Brandt after yet another spew, leave him in underwear on floor with old towel and pillow.
12:35 Turn on movie number one.
12:50 Spew
12:56 Clean spew
1:15 Take temperature
1:20 Remember the spew in the car that is warming in the 85 degree sunny day outside.
1:25 Almost spew myself when I open the car door.
1:27 Clean spewed-on car and car seat after getting control of my gag reflex
1:35 Take a spew cleaning break to run inside the house and clean up a nap time spew.
1:36 Change sheets
1:55 Change sheets again
2:45 Change sheets again and forget about nap time. Turn on movie number two.
3:00 Finish car and sit down with Brandt
3:30 Spew
3:35 Clean up spew
alright...this spew and clean up spew thing happened about every twenty minutes until about 7:30, so just go ahead and assume those as scheduled events.
4:30 Clean up diarrhea from waking baby
5:00 Get phone call from Grandma mother that Kaelyn doesn't look like the feels well. They are coming home.
Awesome.
5:15 Call hubby and tell him it's leftover night unless he can grab something for me at the store on his way home. He will. xoxo
5:45 Kaelyn gets home and seems great, but her car seat is covered in, you guessed it - SPEW!! WT...? Apparently she ate too many skittles. Fabulous.
6:00 Make a big batch of chicken noodle soup for my sick family.
6:10 Watch as hubby goes from talking about his day to spewing out his lunch in minutes.
Wow...we're dropping like flies around here
The next two hours consisted of cleaning up spew and diarrhea from every male member of our family. Except the dog. Thank God.
8:00 Tuck Kaelyn and Wayde into bed.
8:30 Brandt has been spew free for one hour and managed to hold down some juice and crackers. Fingers crossed as I tuck him into bed.
8:45 Clean up kitchen and get ready to sit with my feet up
8:50 Watch in horror as the entire pot of homemade chicken noodle soup (still extremely hot off the stove) slips out of my hands, "spews" down my pants and crashes to the floor.
The. Entire. Pot.
Seeping. Under. The. Fridge.
I think I need to spew. ;o)
all i have to say is you poor thing!!...and the ones spewing too, of course. glad everyone is better now!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! I agree... poor you.. I am glad that everyne is feeling better though!! ;)
ReplyDelete