I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it would be fun. Here's a post all about myself, just a few things. Well fifty, to be exact, that you may or may not already know. Feel free to skip. I don't blame you. I'm not the most terribly interesting person.
1. My mom made up my name. De'Bran. She has a thing with unique names. My sister is Chantel Zorana. I hated it growing up and have learned to embrace it as an adult.
2. I have one younger sister. She is four and a half years younger. We could not be more different.
3. I love to travel; airports, hotels, rental cars, roadtrips, eating at new places, luggage, packing, unpacking, everything. I have been to Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Mexico, Australia and the Netherlands and absolutely cannot wait to travel again someday.
4. I love to write. I also love English and grammar and have recently come to terms with myself as a grammar and spelling Natzi. Not that I am without error, but I know I have an issue. I always wanted to be a writer and was advised by several teachers throughout school and college that I should write, but I dabbled in other studies for other reasons. That's another story.
5. I love the idea of primping with makeup and hair color and nice outfits and I often go through phases of trying very hard to spruce myself up, but the truth of the matter is I am just too lazy and would rather spend my time and money on other things. Poor Kenny.
6. I moved out when I was 19. Well technically, my parents moved out and I stayed behind. I made them think I had a place to live and did not and when they left I had $200, a loaded down car and a packed storage unit. I seriously considered staying in my storage unit but the hours it was open didn't work with my work schedule.
That's an entirely different story that I could write a post for. Should I?
7. I've had my heart broken only once and learned to love again so deeply it hurts, but in a very good way.
8. I always wanted four kids, very close together. Now I have three kids very close together and I think I may be done. ;-)
9. I don't know my father. Another story.
10. I have an amazing dad.
11. I talk to my mom a few times a week. She's one of my best friends.
12. My sister and I just recently have started to get along. It was a long and rocky road to being able to talk without yelling.
13. I hated Kenny when I met him. I called my mom and told her my boss needed serious prayer.
14. She hated Kenny when she met him and of course, by that time, I did not hate him any more. She hated him for a long time. Another story. I should take a poll...which story are you all most interested to hear?
15. I was always raised knowing and learning about God, but truly became saved in high school, when I was fifteen.
16. I was once told I couldn't have children.
17. I switched doctors.
18. I participated in a pregnant bikini contest. Yes, yes I did. Another story. lol
19. I love to read. I'll read anything: books, magazines, textbooks. I like things based on real events or based in reality. I don't do science fiction or fantasy. Same goes with movies and TV shows. Although, I do love tall tales, fables, and fairy tales. I guess those usually have a good lesson to go along with the ridiculous story.
20. I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis.
21. I have very bad asthma.
22. I played piano, saxophone, clarinet, flute and dabbled with the trumpet, French horn and trombone.
23. Being in an orchestra to record soundtracks for movies and/or play concerts would have been my dream job, besides being a mommy of course.
24. My favorite color is green.
25. My favorite movies are Moulin Rouge, A River Runs Through It and Legends of the Fall.
26. I would like to have a little bit of land somewhere much more rural than here and have horses.
27. I used to ride a few times a week.
28. I've always had a thing for all things ranch and cowboy.
29. I really, really do not like bugs. Especially ants.
30. I don't like birds as pets.
31. I am extremely allergic to cats and take allergy medication before I go to certain people's houses and always take an extra emergency inhaler, just in case. I have forgotten and had to leave unable to speak because I could barely breath.
32. I am somewhat lactose intolerant. It comes and goes.
33. I once had 21 units in college.
34. I love school and cannot wait to go back. I never finished college and wish I had daily.
35. I scored the exact same number on my SAT's both times I took them.
36. My favorite job I ever had was working at a coffee shop.
37. Kenny and I were married in Vegas. I was five months pregnant. My wedding dress was $40.
38. I've been accused of having an eating disorder.
39. I once went in a coyote den and saw pups. We ran.
40. I am a fairly laid back person, but I do tend to be sensitive. It is a blessing and a curse.
41. I do not believe in aliens, but Kenny is not so sure. It makes for very interesting conversations.
42. I am obsessed with Christmas, and love all other holidays. Well, not Valentine's day. I only like it for the kids.
43. I drive a Toyota Sienna and I love it.
44. I adore Garth Brooks. Really, really adore him. One of his band members rubbed my belly when I was pregnant with Brandt.
45. I love to blog, but refuse to feel obligated to it. That is my explanation for my extended absences from blog world.
46. I have never been away from my kids overnight, except to have another baby.
47. I had a miscarriage and still find myself very sad about it.
48. My favorite scripture is Exodus 14:14. It says (NIV) "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."
49. I love to cook and bake. Especially the latter.
50. I needed a signed permission slip from my parents to participate in a class activity in college. Second semester.
Well, there you have it. Fifty silly and useless things to know about me. :)
I would love to hear the stories about Kenny and I would die to hear about the pregnant bikini contest. Seriously, are there photos? I thought that was very interesting, btw.
ReplyDeletePregnancy bikini contest for sure.
ReplyDeleteAlso think it's funny how much we have in common! ;)
I just love you. to bits. xoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat list lady!! We all have our silly secrets dont' we? I have been wanting to post a blog like this myself. Maybe I'll just have to do that :).
ReplyDelete