They chose a vintage toy theme and it was so darling that now I'm thinking about changing the nursery theme! Haha, good thing I hadn't started on much! There were adorable antique and vintage looking toys everywhere: sock monkeys, jack in the box, little pull toys, this little picture box that kinda looked like an old TV, wagons, slinkys, you name it, it was there! The colors were just fantastic, super vibrant red, blue, white, orange, yellow! It was so fun and cheerful! I love the idea of using all those colors together, but have always only pictured them all with a carnival or circus theme, so this was really neat to see! They hung brightly colored paper lanterns with pretty ribbons hanging from them, there was a cute diaper cake, banners everywhere, toy blocks spelling out cute phrases, pinwheels, lollipops, everything! And the food was magnificent! We indulged all afternoon on way too many sweets, brownies, cookies, lemon bars, cheesecake bars, candies and super cute cupcakes. We also enjoyed some yummy appetizers, a delicious fruit platter with all kinds of berries, three different salads and the best bread and jam I've ever had! How delightful!! Everything was GORG! ;o)
I was so blessed by my friends with such sweet and thoughtful gifts for our little boy; clothes, diapers, bottles, all the necessities of course, some really nice blankets, one handmade, an adorable nursing cover, beautiful baby books and one personalized and pre-made scrapbook! How great, I just pop some pictures in and I'm good to go! Jessica had arranged with our friend Sarah, from Itsy Bitsy Photography to surprise us with a maternity/family photo session which was so magnificent! Once I get my order in I will put those up too! Anyway, she had a framed sign-in with a maternity pic and an ultrasound pic and a beautiful framed collage with some favorites from the session with Sarah. It was so sweet, I couldn't believe it. Now I must find the perfect place on my walls!
We played a couple fun games, there was a jar filled with little blocks and the guests had to guess how many were in the jar. What a fun twist on the classic jelly bean version?? We also played the ice baby game where you try to get your baby out of the ice cube the quickest. It was so funny to hear people's ideas on how to make this happen. Haha. We also played this great candy game where you had to assign various candies to different phases/people/events of having a baby and being pregnant. For example, Daddy at the time of conception was "Big Hunk." It was really cute!
Well the shower was absolutely amazing and I can't thank Jessica and Rachelle enough, and of course all the ladies that were able to come and share in such a special and exciting time for my family and I. I was going to post a million pictures, but Jessica just did a great post on the party at her party blog, so check it out here!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome!