I have been moody. "Really?" you may ask. Really. Very very moody. Because I am a glutton for punishment, I will share two of my most recent examples with you all. Because I know you care and are just dying to hear my shortfalls. ;o)
One morning a couple days ago, I got the sudden urge to move and reorganize our spice cabinet. The kitchen cabinetry design in my house is definitely less than desirable, but we are making do with it and trying to make it function the best we can. The cabinet I originally chose for the spices frustrates Kenny so much every single time he cooks and I cannot stand listening to him complain about it anymore, so I decided to do a thoughtful wifely deed and move it. For him. So I started doing this all on my own while he was working on a puzzle. I asked him if he used a particular set of spices often or not and rather than answering his pregnant wife's very pointed question which needed only a yes or no response, he got up, came over to my claimed project and started suggesting where I move the spices and how to organize them. Now, his idea on where to move them was brilliant and made a lot of sense. I actually really liked the idea. Why I couldn't just say "Great idea Honey, thanks for the input" I am still asking myself. What did I do instead, you ask?
Why I just simply flew off the handle, that's all. No big deal. I got so mad! I threw spice containers in the sink, said a couple choice words that are normally not a part of my vocabulary and not so calmly told him it was his project now. Then, after bickering a bit with my quite baffled husband, making sure that I sounded like I knew what point I was making (all the while having no clue why I was so mad), I stormed upstairs and retreated to my room, crying in my pillow like a middle school girl gone mad. Woah. Way too much taradiddle and twaddle, huh? After calming down (just a little) I apologized to Kenny and told him I really wasn't mad about the spices, I was just having a rough morning and needed to let off some steam. I even acknowledged that I liked his idea ;o)
My other moment of extreme emotions was on the way to JoAnn's. Ahh...I do love that store. Anyway, Kenny was home with Brandt and just Kaelyn and I went out to pick up a few things for her birthday. I had my Ipod in and Will Smith's "Just the Two of Us" came on. Before the second verse was playing my eyes were filled with tears. Kaelyn loves the song also, and when it was over asked to play it again. Naturally, I did. And I cried. We played the song again. I cried again! And one more time before I had to put a stop to the madness! I could NOT believe that I was actually crying...full blown tears running down my cheeks crying at Will Smith rapping/singing about his son!!
All I could think about was "Oh my...it's going to be a long seven or eight months!" Kenny's declaration about all this moodiness?? "It's a girl."
We shall see! ;o)
Oh Congrats!!! I didn't know you were expecting--I'm super excited for you = )
ReplyDeleteLOL--this post was hilarious!! The sad thing is that I know exactly what you're talking about! haha...the whole crying in the pillows like a middle school girl was too funny!
haha! i love it! that pretty much sums up pregnancy in a nutshell. oh how i remember too many flying off the handle incidents. haha..our poor husbands. if only they knew what we really go through. it's like our bodies are invaded and we lose all control over everything.
ReplyDeleteOh my...sounds like quite the day! But you are totally allowed. And none of us think any less of you for it! Emotions, sometimes they are just so fickle aren't they?
ReplyDeleteHope things are going better. I am stopping by to give you a big welcome to the SITStahood! We are so glad you joined us and look forward to seeing you around!
you just have to laugh! The only way to get through the nine long and mood months!! I still have those moments and im not pregnant, dont know how to explain that? HAHA
ReplyDeleteGreat post! You are a very normal wife and mother, I do the same things emotionally, and I am not pregnant (but have been 4 times in 8 years LOL) it's great that you shared it on blog!
ReplyDeletei have been meaning to tell you congrats!!! im so excited for you and your growing family!
ReplyDelete