Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4yrs

Ugghh...I stopped blogging for just a little bit because I was waiting for some pics and wanted to stay in order, and now look at me. I'm ridiculously behind. I have 19 posts in draft, most of which are just clever titles. I thought to myself that these clever titles would bring the flood of blogginess back and I'd remember exactly what I wanted to write about. Alas, I remember about four of the 19 drafts. Yikes. Blah. So I'm in a blog funk and am completely FORCING myself to write. Perhaps a little love will help me get back in the swing of things...show me some love, yeah? ;)

Well anyway, this blog post goes back to Kaelyn's birthday. She turned four a little while ago and we just had a small celebration at home on her actual birthday. Nothing exciting at all, just our family of five. :) Daddy had to work, so during the day we got donuts, went to church, painted pictures, didn't even think of taking a nap, made the strawberry cake she requested, let Kaelyn decorate it, watched a movie, had hot dogs for dinner (by request) and all in all had a fabulous day. We didn't see fireworks with the kiddos because we had spent the day before at the fair and had watched a local firework show. So the kids were pretty worn out on Q's actual birthday, so the early bedtime wasn't a problem at all.

Kaelyn had a terrific day and was over the moon excited to be four. She got a phone call first thing in the morning from her friend, Trever. SO cute! And of course calls from other friends and family. She loved her gifts from Brandt, some new Barbies. And she loved the new tradition we started of giving her brothers a gift also. We started this on Brandt's birthday this year. Kaelyn was just losing her marbles because it wasn't her birthday, so I told her it was her brother day and she got a little brother day gift and we sang Happy Brother Day, etc. It was such a hit with the kids and I really love that it taught them generosity and selflessness even when the day really is all about themselves. So we're doing it for all the kids' birthdays now. The birthday kid gets the other kiddos a small little something to celebrate the day they became a brother or sister (or a brother or sister again ;) 

This year, Kaelyn got Brandt a little monster truck and a little rattle for Wayde. It was really neat to see her put aside her own gifts and be so excited for Brandt to open his. :)

Here's pictures from the fair, mostly the monster truck show, which the kids LOVED! We'll for sure be going back next year! :)





Good Morning Birthday Girl!
Dinner by Request
I let her decorate her own cake...
Two bottles of sprinkles later!! A masterpiece!
Everyone enjoyed strawberry cake with a few rainbow sprinkles!

We ended the night with a little rough housing with daddy...
And Brandt got the money shot ;)

4 comments:

  1. haha!!! what GREAT pictures!! :) the monster truck show looked like fun!! :) I LOVE her decorated cake, she did an awesome job!! ;) don't worry, you'll soon be out of your blog funk!!! i can't wait to see what else you'll be writing about!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! (but now I want cake!!! haha) are you hinting that you are thinking of adding to your brood?! Man, I am SLACKING! haha I noticed Kaelyn has a pillow pet. I just got the bee one for Luka after he harassed me for weeks and he adores it! can't wait to read your other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Lady don't worry you'll get out of your funk soon enough! You just need a little inspiration...I recommend Margaritas. Yep that usually does the trick for me! P.S. your family is sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love ladies! Carlie, NO I am not considering adding yet, perhaps never. LOL. And yes, both kids got a pillow pet and they are great. Margaritas sound fabulous now! Thanks Mandy...I don't even have tequila right now :/ haha
    And Maria, Kaelyn just loved your most recent cake picture. Perhaps she's a cake artist in the making. Eh, nevermind. There's nothing artistic about 2 bottles of rainbow sprinkles! haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!