Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tasy Thusday

I love myself a nice slice of carrot cake. I really truly love it. And I especially love the traditional cream cheese buttercream on top and in between the divine layers. YUMM! Recently, I tried something new and fell over giddy with how well it turned out! My inspiration came from last Thanksgiving when I did a citrus-maple glazed turkey...it turned out so fantastic that I have been adding maple to everything! And lately, I added it to my cream cheese frosting and it was heaven! So now, on top of every carrot cake I ever serve, there will be a decadent cloud of maple cream cheese frosting! Here's the recipe!

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

2 8oz packages soften cream cheese
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
and last but not least 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup!!

Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar slowly (to avoid mess). Add, vanilla, salt and syrup and beat on medium to high until light, fluffy and smooth! Go ahead and swipe your finger through it to make sure it as lovely as it sounds. It will be!! Use immediately or refrigerate covered. To use at a later time, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes and be re-mixed to bring back the smooth fluff! Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Yummy! My dad LOVES carrot cake so I'll have to make him one with this lovely frosting!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!