I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day. I loved it when I was a little girl though, because I was always Daddy's valentine. It was one day out of the entire year when no matter what, my sister and I could count on being Daddy's only thought and special girl for that day. It never occurred to me that it may be a special day for my mom; she always took a back seat and let my sister and I have all the attention. We loved it. My dad would make us our favorite meals and get us cards and little trinkets or heart shaped candies and flowers. It was so sweet. As I got older and it started being more about romantic relationships, I just started liking it less and less. Even when I had a "valentine" when Kenny and I were married, I still didn't really like it. He has always been a very sweet valentine, keeping it simple with gentle reminders of how much he loves me through flowers, cards and sweet little gifts. Anyone that knows me, knows that I like simplicity. Well, I am slowly starting to like Valentine's day again, and I think it is due entirely to my children! Any excuse to make them a special day and shower them with little things and acts of love is welcome in my home! I think the one thing that has really made me start to fall in love with Valentine's day again is that Kenny, like my own father, has made the day entirely about my babies!! He makes them adorable little cards, picks up little gifts to show his love and showers them with hugs and kisses. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, and the amazing part is, that I have never really told him how much that meant to me as a child; I've never suggested that Kaelyn be his Valentine. He did it all on his own! Wow...I'm in love. There is nothing more romantic and attractive than to see the man you love, love his children with such fervor. It is amazing and just melts my heart. Needless to say, that is all I could have asked for or wanted for this holiday. However he went over the top and brought me the sweetest card (I love cards!!), a box of chocolates (which he put straight into the freezer, I only eat my chocolate frozen ;o), and an adorable picture frame. It was fantastic! For his gift, I haven't given it to him because I'm still waiting for it to get here, I made a photo book of his Valentine's. Here's some of the pics I put in it. ;o)
Monday, February 16, 2009
Valentine's Day
I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day. I loved it when I was a little girl though, because I was always Daddy's valentine. It was one day out of the entire year when no matter what, my sister and I could count on being Daddy's only thought and special girl for that day. It never occurred to me that it may be a special day for my mom; she always took a back seat and let my sister and I have all the attention. We loved it. My dad would make us our favorite meals and get us cards and little trinkets or heart shaped candies and flowers. It was so sweet. As I got older and it started being more about romantic relationships, I just started liking it less and less. Even when I had a "valentine" when Kenny and I were married, I still didn't really like it. He has always been a very sweet valentine, keeping it simple with gentle reminders of how much he loves me through flowers, cards and sweet little gifts. Anyone that knows me, knows that I like simplicity. Well, I am slowly starting to like Valentine's day again, and I think it is due entirely to my children! Any excuse to make them a special day and shower them with little things and acts of love is welcome in my home! I think the one thing that has really made me start to fall in love with Valentine's day again is that Kenny, like my own father, has made the day entirely about my babies!! He makes them adorable little cards, picks up little gifts to show his love and showers them with hugs and kisses. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, and the amazing part is, that I have never really told him how much that meant to me as a child; I've never suggested that Kaelyn be his Valentine. He did it all on his own! Wow...I'm in love. There is nothing more romantic and attractive than to see the man you love, love his children with such fervor. It is amazing and just melts my heart. Needless to say, that is all I could have asked for or wanted for this holiday. However he went over the top and brought me the sweetest card (I love cards!!), a box of chocolates (which he put straight into the freezer, I only eat my chocolate frozen ;o), and an adorable picture frame. It was fantastic! For his gift, I haven't given it to him because I'm still waiting for it to get here, I made a photo book of his Valentine's. Here's some of the pics I put in it. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved the pics of you and your sweet children!
ReplyDeleteEven though my sister and I are both married now, our dad still gets us a little goody basket w/ a sweet card each year for Valentine's Day. I really enjoyed your post. I can't wait to see if my husband does the same thing for our kids like yours does and our dads did--so sweet!!
-Kari
What beautiful photos!! I will not covet I will not covet, someone really had a budding eye for the camera. Thanks for sharing your Valentine goodies..They are adorable
ReplyDeletei adore those pics!! you'd better stock up on a bunch of new frames...you'll need them for all those! haha. and that's sooo cute about kenny making kaelyn his valentine. so precious. :)
ReplyDelete