Crreeeeaaak....
"Hi Kaelyn."
"Hiyaaaa."
"What are you doing?"
"Jibber-jabber-nonsense-can't really make it out- night night momma love you too see you in the morning."
(It really sounds just like that and she says it as fast as she can with no pauses)
I laughed as I say good night and she shut the door again.
Back to work....
Crreeeeaaak....
Oh my goodness!! This went on back and forth somewhere around 150 times before I just said "Good morning!" At which point Kaelyn swung open her door and said "Morning, all done napping!!"
Ahh...my little Q's. I love her so much, she truly makes me giggle. ;o)
Brandt...almost Nine Months!!
This is a couple days late, but on Thursday Brandt started to stand on his own!! He only stays for about twenty seconds before toppling over or trying to take a step and falling, but we sure were excited!! Kaelyn, Brandt and I were playing on the floor, just crawling all over each other and having tickle wars when he first debuted his new stunt. I was holding his hands and he was practicing walking and he kept jerking his hands away. So I let go, and wa-la, he was standing! Before I even said anything Kaelyn actually started shrieking and clapping saying "Yay Brandt! You did it!" Then of course I got very excited and we are all shrieking and then he topples...haha! It was such a sweet and very exciting moment actually. To see Kaelyn get so excited over one of his little milestones just warmed my heart. She is only two and a half and I never would have guessed that she would understand so much as she does. She kept trying to encourage him to do it all day, it was so cute! So to remember this glorious moment, did I take a picture? Well, I would have loved to, but my camera is broken and I have been procrastinating taking it in. Not anymore, Ritz Camera shop, here we come (unless someone knows of a good place to get digital cameras fixed)!!!
Sick Day
Sick Day
I tried to go to bed tonight at 8:45. Yes, that early. I have a lot of things I'd like to get completed tomorrow and thought that I would just go to bed super early, wake up super early when Kenny left for work and then knock out a good portion of my list before the kids woke up for the day. Ambitious much. It is now pushing midnight and I have not actually been able to keep my eyes closed for more than 3 minutes because I have been bouncing back and forth between my kids' rooms. They are both sick and just aren't having a great night. Poor babies. It breaks my heart when either of them are sick. Even when it is just a little cold they seem so sad and helpless. And how frustrating to not be able to give them any real relief! Kaelyn can't even take any medicine because she doesn't weigh enough!! I can only imagine having that terrible sinus pressure and headache you get when you are sick and having someone only be able to offer you a regular tylenol!!! I do not like medicine much and we really don't take it, but anything that has to do with sinuses, I welcome the relief!! And why are colds so much worse at night? All day long I am just trying to keep them somewhat content and comfortable and secretly counting down to bedtime so that I can just sit down for a minute or take a shower, only to have 4 more symptoms magically appear and everything intensify 100 times!!! Grrr...
I will admit that it does melt my heart and fill me with the warm and fuzzies every time they look at me with those miserable little eyes and stick out their sticky, grubby hands and just want nothing more than to be held. Sometimes, when I am so tired I feel like crying and I just can't seem to get away; those times when they just take turns needing me all day and all night right by their side, holding them, rocking them, singing to them; the times when I feel like I just want to be ALONE for a couple of minutes and then I hear that sad cry for me to come and comfort them; it's those times when I remind myself that these times are soon going to be fond memories. These times are already becoming more and more rare; soon they will be pulling away and becoming independent individuals. It is an exciting and sad thought for me. I can't wait to see them spread their wings and become the people that God designed and helped me raise. I can't wait to see them grow and change and yet I often say that I want to just take them in a closet, lock the door and close my eyes and just freeze time. Being a parent is such a whirl of conflicting emotions. I love every minute and yet my heart aches for the minutes passing so quickly! And my kids are still babies!!! Whew...thank heavens. So, during sick days, when I start to wish I could actually call in sick (haha), I remind myself that these moments are so precious and tender. And you know, I have decided that there is nothing I would rather do than rock my babies and wipe their little red noses, and nowhere I would rather be than in my quarantined home watching episode after episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Caillou all day long with my two sick babies. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome!