I joined the women's Bible study at church in September. I had been feeling God tugging at my heart to dive deeper into His word for a while. I signed up, knowing that I was following what God wanted for me. I tried to talk a couple friends into going with me, but they weren't up for it yet and I was a little hesitant to even do it myself after all, considering I wouldn't know anyone and it really added a lot to my already full plate. God just kept convicting me and convicting me. Every time I came up with an excuse, I knew in my heart that was exactly what it was, an excuse.
I have so much going on as it is, I don't know if I'll be able to give it my all.
How could I really justify not doing a Bible study because I am too busy with kids, housework, friends, coupons, kids' activities, preschool co-op, yardwork, family, etc? I can't! God should be first and foremost in my life and I knew that He desired for me to be in a fellowship with other believers, learning more about Him.
I don't think I can make it that early in the morning and can't keep my kids out that late to do the evening one.
Who am I kidding? I am absolutely a morning person, but getting three kids out the door, dressed, fed and happy and to their correct places (preschool and child care) by 8:45 or 9:00 in the morning is a challenge for even the earliest of risers and most organized of people. However, I also felt God reminding me that they don't need to have stuffed french toast for breakfast and have their hair curled and clothes ironed. He reminded me that starting my day with Him is truly the key to a successful one.
I don't think I can make time to get the study completed throughout the week.
The study is a basic study and only requires about 30 minutes a day. It is a great way to keep me accountable to being in the word every day.
I don't know anyone and would really like to do the study with a friend.
God isn't trying to work on my friendships, He's trying to work on ME. While it is an awesome time to fellowship with other women, it is an even more awesome experience to listen to the Holy Spirit speaking to me all week and then being able to share with these wonderful women at study. I knew I would meet and quite possibly really like new women in my group.
I know there were other things that I thought about when deciding whether or not to do it, but it all basically came down to I knew God wanted me there. Thursday mornings. 9:00 am. Jeans, sweats or pajamas; make-up, none or yesterday's; still wiping peanut butter from one kid's face and barely getting the others slipped into their shoes; it didn't matter. God wanted me there. I am so very glad I obeyed.
It has been such an incredible blessing. I love the women in my group. I love the honesty and rawness that is there. I love the quiet worship time, the prayers that we all say for eachother, the amazing group leader that calls me every week to see how I am and if I need anything. I love the things that God has revealed to me in the study. I am so grateful for the lessons He has and continues to show me. My growing knowledge of His Word is a gift, a tool that I cannot embrace enough! I really think it is so important to be learning and growing in this area of MY life so that I may be the example and teacher to my family that God has called me to be.
We have been studying Esther. She is such an exemplary woman. A woman full of wisdom, obedience, courage, love, kindness. Everyone adored Esther and she followed after God's heart. She held her family ties high and her relationship with Christ even higher. She has been an incredible woman to learn about and from.
I am already eager for the next study in the spring!
Thank you Lord that I am able to take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity. That I live in a place where I can worship You freely and learn about You without any fear. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome!