Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Darndest Things

Kaelyn had a couple "darndest moments" today that I just had to share.
First, we went to my cousin's son's first birthday party today, which was by the way, ADORABLE. Monkey theme, absolutely loved it!
Back to Kaelyn. She was sitting with my Grandma eating lunch and noticed that Grandma was gone.
"Mommy, where'd Grandma go?"
"She had to go potty, she'll be right back."
Crinkled up nose (which has started to get freckles *surprise*) and crooked little glance towards the restroom, then back to me. "Oooohhhh...she had to go big poopies?"
Nervous chuckle as half a dozen people I don't know glance over at me. "No honey, she didn't go poopies, just peepee."
"Ohhh, she had poopies in her pants? Poopies go in potty. Yucky Grandma."
"No, Kaelyn she didn't go poopies in her pants."
"Dirty poopies. Grandma needs new panties."
At this point I gave up.

Second darndest:
Heading off to bed for the night when Kaelyn noticed the ridiculously ovesized Hippo that sleeps on her bed was not there. I asked her where it was and she ran downstairs and into the playroom. She flipped on the light and put her hands on her hips and said "Hippo!!! What are you doing here? No playing silly head! Time for bed. Say night night toys...night night fishy. Come on."

I love her!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! too funny. silly kaelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww sooo cute!! She is such a doll! And I love what you've done with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!